Friday, April 17, 2009

Susan Boyle vs. Britain's Got Talent

I hate American Idol, so I probably hate it's clone, Britain's Got Talent. However, I was pretty darned impressed with a video from it that my mom sent me. Here's the basic rundown of it before I post the video.

Susan Boyle is a 47-year-old virgin (was I the only one impressed by this?), who longs to be a professional singer but has never been given the chance. So, she walks her stumpy self up on a stage to sing for the most shallow audience in the world (what did you expect of an audience that watches this show?), and to be judged by our three shallow judges. One is that guy from American Idol, another is an older guy I've never seen, and the third is your standard I'm-only-here-to-be-blonde-and-beautiful type of person.

So, this funny, quirky woman begins the interview as to how old she is, what her dream is, etc. all the while the judges smirk at her, the audience laughs and boos, and then she starts to sing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables, and it sounds a whole heck of a lot like that one lady who played Fantine in the Les Miserables dream cast. Needless to say, the audience is now shocked, cheering, and she walks away with three yes's. I have no idea what those yes's mean, but it's apparently good.

Anyway, this is a great, inspiring video that isn't allowed to be embedded, so I'll just link you to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

It sounds like a story that could be reworked into a poorly written Disney film, but it's real-life. It's a great video to watch, and it's apparently very popular on youtube right now. The video my mom sent me had way more than a million views on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment