Friday, September 30, 2011

Mod Your Wii...Without a Chip!

After searching for two whole years, I think I finally found the answer to my Wii modding problems. You see, I've been wanting to play Japanese games on the Wii to help improve my language skills, but buying a pre-modded Wii requires the sacrificing of an arm or leg in cash, and buying a chip and paying someone to mod it is a.) not practical where I live, and b.) still way too expensive. There's also no way I'm going to risk my system being damaged by me tinkering around with it myself.

So, I luckily found this guy who sells a product that will teach you how to mod your Wii without one of those expensive little chips, and doing so will allow one to play not only Japanese games, but emulators, DVDs, music, and all that other stuff that the Playstation 3 and Xbox can do. Unlocking the Wii is a great thing to do, but I still haven't found a relatively inexpensive way to do the same for the PS3...

Anyway, I highly recommend you check it out. The Wii was a great idea from Nintendo, although not all games lend themselves well to the motion control gimmick, but then again, not every movie lends itself well to the 3D gimmick; the Wii's biggest problem being that in a world where gaming consoles are almost little computers in themselves that can play DVDs and share online content, Wii tried to be a basic gaming console whose only real upgrades were that you could browse the Internet and shop for games you might already own on their online store. I love the virtual console as much as anyone else, but there's too few games for some systems.

So, if you're interested, go here and see if this looks like something you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment