Monday, January 5, 2009

Update

The holidays were a hectic time for me, so I'm just on here to give a quick update and talk for a second about the highlights of Christmas this year.

First of all, I stepped on a rake, making a nice walnut-sized bump on my head. I didn't go unconscious, though, just stumbled forward and blanked for a few seconds before laughing at my stupidity. I guess I should count my lucky stars that I don't have a cracked skull, although I still have a small bump.

After that mess, I got the flu. It was a strange Illinois flu that traveled up to my safe little spot in Northern Minnesota, and I just got over it. So now you all know why I haven't been updating, and without further ado, here's some of the stuff I got for Christmas that I'll probably come back to talk about on my blogs in the future.

First of all, I recieved The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy, which is a collection of essays written by academics, professors, and pretty much anyone else with a background in philosophy, and it's all about the Zelda series. How cool is that? I've only read a bit of it, but it's been interesting so far. I probably wouldn't have picked this series to write a philosophy book about (the Chrono series, or perhaps Oblivion), but it's Zelda, so it's in my collection!

I also got a little book called Making Sense of Japanese: What the Textbooks don't tell You, which sets out to clear up a lot of stuff that stumps people learning Japanese, and so far I like it very much. Anyone following my Genki blog will probably see this little gem show up in the future.

I got a bunch of other stuff, too, that was just awesome, but since I'm still deliberating whether or not I'll ever talk about them in the future, I won't mention them in this post.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and all that jazz. ...I never use that phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment